Wednesday 21 September 2011

LFW SS12: Day Six: Menswear

Not to leave anyone out, the menswear designers put on quite a show for the last day of London Fashion Week. Lou Dalton kept it simple (left), and I think his collection was exactly what I want to see on Britain's streets this coming Spring! Topman Design - much like its sister - loves to play with fabrics and patterns as well as colours. This collection had a real tribal theme to it, with purples and blues and yellows dominating the prints. Lots of luxe fabrics added texture to the collection.

And so, the men finished LFW. I will admit, there was nothing spectacular about it, but it was definitely wearable. This week has been all about wearable collections, with simple contours and the expression in the fabric and colours. Once again, my favourites had to be the likes of Erdem and Mulberry, but I think that some of the newcomers sharpened their teeth this week, and next LFW we'll really see them flexing their fashion chops.

I can't wait already!

No comments:

Post a Comment